TITLE I SCHOOLWIDE PROGRAM APPROVAL
The Ambridge Area School District received official notification from the Pennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Federal Programs, that effective July 1, 2015 we have been approved to operate a Title I Schoolwide Program in the following schools:
Highland Elementary, State Street Elementary, Ambridge Area Jr. High School, Ambridge Area High School
A Schoolwide Program is a comprehensive reform strategy designed to upgrade the entire educational program in a Title I school. The primary goal is to ensure that all students, particularly those who are low-achieving, demonstrate proficient and advanced levels of achievement on state academic achievement standards.
WHAT IS A SCHOOLWIDE PROGRAM?
- A schoolwide program is built on schoolwide reform strategies, rather than separate, add-on services.
- Serves all children in the building
- Provides flexibility in spending Title I funds
- Permits flexibility to combine other Federal funds in support of the schoolwide program
- Focuses on results
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A SCHOOLWIDE PROGRAM
- A schoolwide program is a catalyst for comprehensive reform of the entire instructional program
- It allows educators to come together and work collaboratively
- It addresses the needs of students in an integrated way
- It permits Federal resources to be spent in ways that most effectively raise the achievement of students
For more information please contact:
Barry King-Federal Program Coordinator
Cathy Hopkins-Federal Programs Secretary