It's that time of year again! Time to register the little ones for Pre-K!
The Ambridge Area School District will operate three PA Pre-K Counts Classrooms in 2019-2020, servicing 3 and 4 year olds, with 4 year olds having first priority for enrollment. The program is available at each of our elementary schools, with 20 students maximum accepted at each school. Students are enrolled at the elementary school closest to their geographic location, regardless of whether they have siblings in the building to which they will be assigned.
A completed registration packet and all requested documentation is required before students can be considered for enrollment. Registration packets are available here. Once 20 students are enrolled at each school, a waiting list will be established. Breakfast, lunch and transportation to and from the program are provided.
Registration dates are as follows:
- Feb. 5 - State Street Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 6 - Economy Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Feb. 7 - Highland Elementary, 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Documentation required at the time of registration includes:
- Completed registration packet;
- Proof of residency;
- Dental form signed by dentist;
- Original birth certificate;
- Physical form signed by physician; and
- Immunization records.
For questions, or to make an appointment for registration, please contact Cathy Hopkins at 724-266-2833, Ext. 1273.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year will be held in February 2019.
Registration dates for each school are as follows:
State Street Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 5
Economy Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 6
Highland Elementary – 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 7
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on February 12 @ Ambridge Area High School
All Schools – 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on February 19 @ Ambridge Area High School
Free back packs with books and supplies will be provided to every child registering. Free T-Shirts also will be provided to registrants. Light refreshments will be served. Pizza will be provided at the two evening registration events.
Children must be age five on or before September 1, 2019 to register for Kindergarten. Information about the required documents needed for registration can be found here.
Students explore programming and engineering in STEAM class - building and programming helicopters, dragsters, earthquake simulators, space shuttles, and more. #LegoWeDo #STEAMcatalyst
Highland hosted an assembly to honor our local veterans on Tuesday, Nov. 13. Members of the Air National Guard brought safety equipment for the students to try on. JROTC cadets and the color guard, accompanied by Sgt. Major Short from the High School, also visited. Students at all grade levels spoke during the assembly. Our student speakers were:
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Summer is almost over! The 2018-2019 School Year for AASD students begins on Wednesday, Aug. 29. School supply lists for students by grade level are available below. Please click on the link that corresponds to your child's grade level for the supplies they will need to start the year. Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once the school year begins.