Highland hosted an assembly to honor our local veterans on Tuesday, Nov. 13. Members of the Air National Guard brought safety equipment for the students to try on. JROTC cadets and the color guard, accompanied by Sgt. Major Short from the High School, also visited. Students at all grade levels spoke during the assembly. Our student speakers were:
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Summer is almost over! The 2018-2019 School Year for AASD students begins on Wednesday, Aug. 29. School supply lists for students by grade level are available below. Please click on the link that corresponds to your child's grade level for the supplies they will need to start the year. Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once the school year begins.
The Ambridge Area School District is pleased to announce that it will be offering 4th Grade Band and Chorus to students for the 2018-2019 School Year.
The format for the 4th grade program will be similar to programming for 5th and 6th graders, and will include small group instructional time for like instruments. Students interested in learning more about the 4th grade band and chorus program will receive informational packets during the first week of school.
This is the 30th year of the Beaver County Summer Academy!
The Beaver County Summer Academy program is for all students in Beaver County currently enrolled in grades K-8 and will be offered during the weeks of June 18-22 and June 25-29 at Dutch Ridge Elementary School in the Beaver Area School District.
If you are looking to provide an opportunity for your child(ren) to experience new adventures, expand horizons, arouse curiosity, find self, share ideas and products, stimulate creativity and imagination, laugh and have fun, then Summer Academy is the place for you this summer!
Download a registration packet here or by clicking on the photo above.
Mrs. Jamie Connelly of the Beaver County Educational Trust (BCET) visited Highland’s STEAM classroom on April 15. The BCET awarded the Highland Elementary STEAM program a grant for $500. The grant entitled "Immersive Learning through Collaboration" was written by Mrs. Nicole Darroch. Grant monies were used to purchase four Breakout EDU kits. Breakout EDU kits turn the classroom into an academically-focused escape room. Students use teamwork and critical thinking to solve puzzles in order to open the locked box. Games are used for all age levels and content areas. The Breakout kits have been a welcome addition to our STEAM classroom. We are grateful to the BCET and Mrs. Connelly for their support of our elementary STEAM program."
Roma Hendricks shown on the right of the above picture
The AASD Winner of the 6th grade spelling bee is Roma Hendricks from Highland Elementary School! Roma will continue on to compete at Counties. Thank you to all that participated. Congratulations to Roma, and good luck at Counties!