Students in Don Ayers' science class at Ambridge Middle School will be spending the next 10 days using microscopes to complete their unit on cells. As part of the unit, students are learning how to properly use newly-purchased microscopes to investigate various organisms and cells.
AMBRIDGE BOYS YOUTH BASKETBALL
In-House Basketball Program
- Boys who are in 2nd – 6th Grade (must live in the Ambridge Area School District)
- Saturday, October 13th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 20th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, October 27th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 3rd from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Saturday, November 10th from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Ambridge Fieldhouse
- $30.00 cash or check for the five days (must pay and register on the first day of the program)
- The boys will participate in two hours of structured basketball development.
- The main aspects of the program will include:
- Conditioning - Skill Stations
- Drills - Controlled Games
- Rotation through Six Stations of basketball will include:
- Ball Handling - Passing - Defensive Skills
- Shooting - Rebounding - Strength and Agility
- Bring your son and have him learn from our successful Ambridge High School Boys Varsity Basketball Team, as well as coaches from our High School, Junior High, and Travel Teams.
- This program is designed to develop an understanding of the fundamentals and skills needed to be a basketball player at the youth level. To have our High School players interact with the youth will create a positive and meaningful learning environment to continue to grow/develop our Ambridge Boys Basketball Program from second grade through high school.
CONTACT: If you have any questions or concerns please contact (412) 974-4696.
Ambridge Area School District families are invited to enjoy coffee and conversation with Superintendent Dr. Jo Welter at special sessions designed to share information about AASD. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
Highland Elementary School – 7 p.m. Oct. 2
State Street Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 5
Economy Elementary School – 8 a.m. Oct. 9
Ambridge Area Middle School – 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Ambridge Area High School – TBA
Dr. Welter will provide an overview of what is happening in the District, as well as field questions from those in attendance about District matters. Hope to see you there!
Thank you to Rep. Robert Matzie for stopping by the Middle School and High School on Tuesday. He also spent time speaking with seniors Riley Sass and Christian Kamzelski, and juniors Jessica Kingerski and Logan Erickson.
About 700 people turned out for the Ambridge Middle School orientation on Thursday, Aug. 23. Attendees had the opportunity to learn about new offerings at the school, find their classrooms and check out their brand new lockers. The first day of school is Wednesday, Aug. 29.
Welcome back Bridgers!
The first day of school for the 2018-2019 School Year is Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2018. Back-to-school supply lists are posted on the website here.
Instructional times for each of the grade levels is as follows:
- Elementary Schools: 8:35 a.m. to 3:05 p.m.
- Middle School: 7:25 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- High School: 7:30 a.m. to 2:25 p.m.
Summer is almost over! The 2018-2019 School Year for AASD students begins on Wednesday, Aug. 29. School supply lists for students by grade level are available below. Please click on the link that corresponds to your child's grade level for the supplies they will need to start the year. Additional supplies may be requested by individual teachers once the school year begins.
Field day fun at Ambridge Area Middle School! Fifth, sixth and seventh grade students had the opportunity to mingle at the newly-named middle school while getting familiar with each other and the building.
A special thank you to School Resource Officer Jason Woods for being such a good sport at the dunk tank!
Our gratitude to the following businesses who helped to make the event great:
Bruster’s Ice Cream
D9 Beats, Music Services – Robert J. Bires
Stuvach Printing & Graphics – Tim Kovach
Ambridge Senior High Interact Club
Ambridge Senior High Art Club