$25,000 COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIPSFOR HIGH SCHOOL JUNIORS
One of the aspects of your role as an educator is to support students in finding the right financial support to pursue post-secondary education. This is much more challenging for low-income students who might need to access multiple financial supports to cover the cost of tuition, along with other academic and cost of living expenses. The Horatio Alger Association offers 105 National Scholarships from at $25,000 each, and more than 500 State Scholarships at $10,000 each.
Our goal is to support students across the United States who remain resilient in the face of adversity and are experiencing critical financial need. This is why we go beyond the scholarship award to provide our scholarship recipients with additional financial support, and a range of holistic care, including mental health services, mentorship opportunities, and one-on-one academic and financial counselling.
As you share our scholarship with students who qualify, please note that our scholarship is only open to students currently in their junior year. We do this to support our scholarship recipients in their senior year of high school as they prepare to transition to college.
The deadline to submit acompleted application is March 15th, 2023.
To be eligible to apply for a Horatio Alger National or State Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled full time as a high school junior in the United States
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor’s degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required)
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities
- Display integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0; and
- Be a United States citizen