Dear Ambridge Area School District Elementary School Families:
The Halloween holiday is fast approaching, and with it comes a number of traditions in the Ambridge Area School District elementary schools. With all of the changes around the COVID pandemic, we want to give students the opportunity to celebrate this holiday as close to normally as possible while still keeping with social distancing protocols. To keep all students safe, while also celebrating Halloween, the elementary schools will follow the following protocols:
- Students may wear their costumes to school on Wednesday, October 28 (Garnet) and Thursday, October 29 (Gray). Costumes must be worn throughout the day and allow school approved PPE masks to be worn at all times. Costumes must fit in student desks and may not include weapons (or look-a-likes).
- The cafeteria will provide a Halloween treat as dessert during lunch periods. No outside candy will be distributed to students.
- Students will participate in the Halloween Parade on the day they attend face-to-face instruction (weather permitting) at 1:30 P.M. Families are welcome to attend outdoors, wearing a mask and following proper social distancing guidelines. There will not be a make-up or indoor option if it rains. Remote families please note that there will be a disruption in instruction for the parade both of these days.
- Building PTOs, in collaboration with the Ambridge Food Service Department, will provide a Halloween treat for students to take home.
- Classroom Halloween parties will not be held this year. Please do not send treats in for the students.
We appreciate your cooperation with this year’s Halloween protocols. If you have any additional questions, please call your building principal. We hope that all students and families have a safe and fun filled Halloween.
Yours in Education,
Dr. Laura Burns
Mrs. Aphrodite Galitsis
Mrs. JoAnn Hoover
State Street Principal