Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Secretary of Health issued an order requiring travelers over age 11 entering Pennsylvania from locations outside the Commonwealth, including Pennsylvanians who are returning home from locations outside the Commonwealth, to produce evidence of a negative COVID-19 test or place themselves in quarantine for 10 days without testing or a 7-day quarantine with a negative test on or after day 5 of quarantine. If someone cannot get a test or chooses not to, they must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania.
This does not apply to the following:
- Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for the purposes of work.
- Individuals who are returning to the Commonwealth after traveling outside the Commonwealth for less than 24 hours.
- Individuals traveling to and from the Commonwealth for medical reasons, including individuals providing comfort and support to a patient.
- Military personnel traveling to the Commonwealth by order or directive of a state or Federal military authority.
- Individuals in transit through the Commonwealth to another destination, provided that the time spent in the Commonwealth is only the amount of time necessary to complete the transit, make use of travel services, such as a highway rest stop, or make necessary travel connections.
- Individuals traveling to comply with a court order, such as child custody, or other exemptions issued by guidance.
As a reminder, this information on travel restrictions contains the most up to date information provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Health and is subject to change.
On January 13, 2021, the Ambridge Area School District Board of Directors voted to return all elementary (Pre-K to 5), English Language Learners (K-12) and Special Education (K-12) Students to face-to-face instruction via the hybrid model (garnet and gray days) effective Monday, January 25, 2021. If your child does not fall into one of the above categories, they will remain 100% remote at this time.
Stay Healthy and Safe,
Mr. Barry J. King
Assistant to the Superintendent
Ambridge Area School District