Todd Courson (Renick Bros) and Jody Petti (Oz Controls) start up the High Efficiency Lochinvar Boilers installed at Economy Junior High School for Constellation/Ambridge Area Schools Energy Conservation Project.
Nicole Poulos is doing a canned food drive for the Center for Hope locally based in Ambridge.
We will be collecting at the following varsity football home games by the front gates and by the band concession stand:
Collecting during school the week of October 17th.
Ask your teachers for bonus if you donate.
AMBRIDGE AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
SCHOOL SCHEDULE FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2016
• Responding to numerous parent concerns about the Trump Rally in the Field House
• The District will have a shortened school day for all students tomorrow Monday, October 10, 2016
• The High School and Junior High School will dismiss at 11:00 AM
• The Elementary Schools will dismiss at 12:00 noon
• Parents using their own judgment may believe it is better to keep their children home from school on Monday
• District Officials have been monitoring the planning with Law Enforcement since last week and met on Friday with Secret Service and local law enforcement and were satisfied with the planning to date – Again, today Sunday District Officials have observed planning at the Field House are satisfied with the level of national, local and district preparations.
• Keep in mind that when Mr. Trump makes his remarks at the Field House which is a separate building away from the high school building all of the district school buildings will be closed including the high school
• No student will be required to attend or encouraged to attend this rally, that decision will be up to those students and their parents
Students in Kindergarten through Sixth Grade were awarded a certificate for being chosen as Sept. Physical Education Star Students of the month. Mrs. Parisi has dedicated a bulletin board in the gym to honor her students. Mrs. Parisi has established the following criteria for the award. Not absent on a Gym Day, a good role model in class, extra effort, and encouraging fellow classmates to do their best. Along with Mrs. Parisi and State Street principal Mr. McKelvey in the picture are the following students: ELLA STIMMEL, CARSYN MCELROY, MAX MARMAGIN, QUINN TKATCH, ZHEKIYAH REDDICK,DAKOTA JELLISON, & JAIDA KINTER.
Congratulations to all!
On Tuesday, October 4, 2016, the Ambridge Cross Country team had a home meet and senior night. The seniors on the girls' cross country team are Mica Hanish, Elyssa Penson, Julianna Detrick and Nadine Bosh. The sophomores on the girls' team are Leuca Hanish, Samantha Giordani, and Hannah Doncevic. Lydia Ciani unfortunately could not run because of an injury. The seniors on the boys' team are Sean Malatesta, Jeremy Bucuren, Garrett Penn, Tyler Marree, and Salim Rollog. The sophomores are Corey Shaffer, Trent Lewis, Nathan Erickson, Josh Sabolosky, Zach Ochman, and Caleb Beile. Unfortunately Jacob Dunlap broke his Tibia. The freshmen are Logan Erickson and Jethro Bell. The girls' team was able to win the meet, making them undefeated for the entire season. They won sectionals, which has never been done before by Ambridge Cross Country. The boys' team ran very well during the home meet, as well as the junior high team. Congratulations to the Ambridge Cross Country team, and good luck at WPIALs!
Left to Right: Nadine Bosh, Samantha Giordani, Julianna Detrick, Mr. Hess, Mica Hanish, Elyssa Penson, Leuca Hanish, Hannah Doncevic
Ambridge Area School District Parents and Residents:
On Monday, October 10, 2016, the Ambridge Area High School Field House (located on the corner of Duss Avenue and 8th Street) will be the site of a campaign stop sponsored by Donald Trump for President, Incorporated. The event begins at 3:30 PM.
Ambridge Area Senior High students will be dismissed at 2:00 PM to alleviate traffic in the vicinity. All students at the junior high school and each of the elementary schools will be dismissed at their regularly scheduled times.
As with other candidates seeking political office in the past the Donald Trump for President, Incorporated Campaign Committee has followed district policy in renting the field house for the campaign stop. This rental does not signify that the Ambridge Area School District endorses Donald Trump as a candidate. District policy does not permit us to discriminate against renting our facilities based on our personal political views.
The Ambridge Area School District is continually updating and implementing best practices to improve student safety. One of the latest recommended programs is ALICE. The Ambridge Area School District in conjunction with local police, will be holding a Parent Information Night in the Ambridge Area High School Auditorium at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, October 4, 2016.
Come try volleyball for free!
Ambridge Area High School will be the site of a free Open Court event for girls and boys in 4th, 5th, and 6th grades on Saturday, August 27, 2016 from 1:00-3:30pm. The high school girls' and boys' head coaches will be leading the event.
Pre-registration is not needed. No previous volleyball experience is required. We expect everyone to be brand new with the sport. Just come and have fun with the awesome sport of volleyball.
- New Unit Ventilator, Book Cases and piping covers installed.
- New High Efficiency Hot water Heating system is online today for start of school.
- 3000 Amp Load Center 95% Installed and operational.
Installations under way
• The Piping mains in the hallways are about 98 percent installed and have been pressure tested. Ceiling tiles are being reinstalled.
• All of the classroom and Hallway Unit Ventilators and Shelving Units are received and are being Installed in their intended locations.
• The pads have been poured in the mechanical Room and the Major equipment and pumps have been set on them.
• The Chiller Pad is constructed.
• The two Air Handling Units in that supply the locker rooms are demolished and the replacements are hung in place.
• Ductwork and Piping is being installed on the ceiling mounted Unit Ventilators .
• Hydronic Final Connections are being installed on the RTUs
• The Roofing is finished and the RTUs are set in place.
• Piping run outs have been started and are 95% Complete- Insulation is following very closely to piping completions.
• Electrical circuits are being installed.
• Mini Cassette Evaporator hung in Shop and Faculty area.
• DLC has been on site for first shutdown and is sending an engineer to access the vault condition (Pending).
• Switch Gear is in schedule and will arrive by Monday 8/15/16 (Did not arrive and is being investigated)
• Installation of Boilers, HW Heaters, Pumps and other Hydronic have continue and are around 45 % installed.
• OZ Enterprises continues with their wiring trunk installation
Photo Credit: Roger Kowal
On Thursday, August 11 Mark Jula the Senior High Boys' Basketball coach dedicated a completetly renovated basketabll court in Anthony Wayne Terrace. Jula dedicated the court in memory of his son Brett Jula.
The Department of Health is currently holding immunization clinics across the commonwealth to provide vaccines at little or No cost for children through 18 years of age who are Medicaid eligible, uninsured, underinsured, or American Indian or Alaska Native.
The cost is $5 per child (payable by check or money order) for families above income guidelines. No child will be turned away Because of an inability to pay.
Specific clinic information is available by clicking on the student’s county of residence at http://www.health.pa.gov/Your-Department-of-Health/Offices%20and%20Bureaus/Bureaus/Pages/Back-to-School-Immunization-Clinics.aspx